Effective: June 2005
The Isle of Iowa Parrot Head Club has an incentive program for club members. The Parrot Point Policy is a way to reward those who are willing to put in the extra work to make our club be one of the best in the nation. The plan initiates on May 1st and will culminate the following April 30th, with the “Parrot Head of the Year” awarded at the club birthday party, held in May. The dues paying member with the most points will receive the award, along with a free, 1 year, single membership to the club, and other benefits. Any member with current dues will be eligible, except for current Board Members. To accumulate points, you must be a member in good standing. Parrot Points are assigned as follows:
1. 3 Points: Attending a monthly meeting.
2. 1 Point: For donating items to our current charities at monthly meetings. This is one point for donated items per person, not one point per item.
3. 1 Point: Wearing a Buffett related item to a meeting. One point only per meeting. You get only one point no matter how many items are worn. This includes grass skirts, tropical earrings, Hawaiian shirts, shirts with Jimmy’s name or event or the Isle of Iowa Parrot Head club shirt.
4. 1 Point: Bringing a friend to a monthly meeting. You will be asked to record the friend’s name on the sign-in sheet and will only get credit 1 time for that friend.
5. 1 Point: For selling raffle tickets at a monthly meeting.
6. 1 Point: For any person that helps assemble the newsletter.
7. 2 Points: For being an active member of a committee and attending committee meetings, with the maximum of 8 pts acquired per event for attending meetings.
8. 5 Points: Chairing a committee.
9. 5 Points: For being the Board Liaison on a committee.
10. 1 Point: For attending a Board Meeting, One Particular Harbor and/or Family Picnic.
11. 3 Points: An Appointed Club Member will receive points each month for completing their assigned task. (i.e.: Raffle Committee, Webmaster and Club Historian).
12. 3 Points: For each new member that signs up. (Household would consist of two members and a total of 6 pts.)
13. 3 Points: Participating in an event that the club is partaking in, aside from the regular monthly meetings. This does not apply to separate committee meetings, tasks or special events requiring monetary commitment. For example: bus trips would not qualify as an event to receive points, but the Holiday Parade, Relay for Life and Cardboard Boat Regatta (free attendance) would be eligible.
Parrot Point sign up sheets will be available at each monthly meeting. You are responsible for recording your own points at each meeting. Your Parrot Points will be available upon request for your review to ensure your points have been recorded correctly. In the event of a tie or discrepancy for the “Parrot Head of the Year”, the current Board will make the final decision.