Isle of Iowa Events:
No “official” club events this week, unless you are on the Holiday Parade Planning Committee, so get your costumes ready for the party at PAPA’s on Saturday!
Thurs, Nov 3rd – Sun, Nov 6th – MOTM 2011 in Key West, FL
Hope to see you all at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Minds! Schedule info at: https://www.beachfrontradio.com/files/aa-Rolling-Coconut-6.pdf
Wed, Nov 9th – November One Particular Harbor
5:30 - 10:00pm, CJ’s Sports Bar & Grille, 62 17th Ave SW in the Czech Village. Come out for our monthly social night! We decided to move to the second Wednesday this month due to MOTM.
Tue, Nov 15th – Board Meeting
6:00 – 9:00pm, Tom Whiting’s House, 814 Cheyenne Rd NW, all members welcome.
Thurs, Nov 17th – November Monthly Meeting
6:00 – 10:00pm, Downtown Fieldhouse at 411 1st St SE, Cedar Rapids. Our quarterly charity is HACAP.
Sun, Nov 20th – New Membership Potluck Party
1:00pm, Steggall’s House. Save the date, details coming soon!
Sat, Dec 3rd – Cedar Rapids “Fire & Ice” Holiday Parade
3:00pm, downtown Cedar Rapids – There will be a meeting at the Smith’s House at 225 Rockvalley Lane NW on Thursday, Oct 27th at 7pm for the planning committee.
Sat, Dec 10th – Isle of Iowa Christmas Party
Fairfax Legion – Save the date for our club’s annual Christmas Party! Get your holiday shopping done early!
Jan 21, 2012 – Bus Trip to QCPHC Havana Daydreamin’
Noon – 2:00am, reserve your seat today by e-mailing Bart at [email protected]
Feb 26, 2012 – 12th Annual Blues & Buffett Chili Challenge
1:00 – 4:00pm, Cedar Rapids Marriott. Time to start thinking about your Chili recipes!
Other Events in the Area:
Sat, Oct 29th – Papa’s Sports Bar Halloween Party
8:00pm – 1:00am. Costume Contest at 11pm, First Prize wins a keg party! Expect to see a lot of Parrot Heads at this annual party!
Haunted Halloween Happenings:
• Circle of Ash: Terror at West Medical, 412 Seventh Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids; 8 p.m. to midnight Fridays and Saturdays, 8 to 10 p.m. Sundays and 8 to 10 p.m. Oct. 31; $12 or $30 VIP: https://Circleofash.com
• Nightmare Manor Haunted House, 525 H St. SW, Cedar Rapids, (old riverfront warehouse behind new Police Station); 6:30 to midnight Fridays and Saturdays and 6:30 to 10 p.m. Oct. 23, 30, 31; $9; (319) 366-3992; https://Nightmaremanor-inc.com
• Scream Acres, 3260 69th St., Atkins; 7 to 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; $18; (319) 446-7667; https://Bloomsburyfarm.com/scream_acres_maze/
• Marengo Haunted Barn, 802 West Main St. Marengo; 7 p.m. to midnight, Fridays and Saturdays through Halloween; $6; https://www.facebook.com/pages/marengo-haunted-barn#!/pages/marengo-haunted-barn/139650778978
• Night at Ushers Scary: Haunted Village Tour, Ushers Ferry Historic Village, 5925 Seminole Valley Trl. NE, Cedar Rapids; 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 28 and 29; meet vampire hunters, gypsies and more on this spooky guided tour; for ages 15 and up; $12 per person; (319) 286-5731; https://Crrec.org
• The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Englert, 221 E. Washington St., Iowa City; Midnight Oct. 29; $16, included props bag; props that might damage theater are not permitted; must be at least 17 years old; doors open at 11:30 p.m.
Fri, Nov 11th – Peter Mayer in Concert at the Adler Theater
7:00pm, Davenport. Tickets on sale now! Only $25 & $30. See details at: www.petermayer.com
March 11, 2012 – Quad City Parrot Heads Winter 2012 Getaway in Punta Cana
7 Nights at the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. All Inclusive Air and Hotel is $1740 per person. Contact Janelle at (563)386-4400, [email protected]
Got changes, additions, comments? Feel free to send me feedback at [email protected]
Isle of Iowa PHC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.