The Isle of Iowa will be participating in the Hiawatha Hog Wild Days Parade June 18th! This is a great opportunity for the club to show our support for the community and get some publicity (the parade is being filmed by Mediacom!).
The parade starts at 10:30am (staging time 9-10am). The staging area is north of Papa's Sports Bar, on Robins Road in the back lots of Cedar Graphics. We plan on having a truck with speakers playing our favorite Jimmy Buffett music. I have the club banner (we will need two people to carry it). I think Bart has agreed to be JB, our mascot. So all we need is you, our members to come out dressed in your brightest tropical attire. If you have some beads laying around, bring them to hand out, or candy is always desired by the little piglets along the route... bring your pets and kids too, everyone is welcome to dance along with us as we promote "party with a purpose!" Please see the details below, and I hope we see loads of Parrot Heads show up for this one!
HOG WILD DAYS PARADE
Lions Club of Hiawatha
Parade Date and Start Time:Saturday, June 18th 2011 at 10:30am
Staging Time: 9:00am – 10:00am
Staging Location: Robins Road just north of Center Point Road intersection in Hiawatha. On the back lots of Cedar Graphics and Rockwell Collins.
Parade Rules: All entries are subject to approval by the Parade committee. Parade participants may throw candy.
Rain Date and Parade Start Time: Sunday, June 19th at 1:00pm
Parade Route: Parade starts on Robins Road crosses Center Point Road down Emmons passed the Hiawatha Elementary School turn left at Hiawatha Fire Station turn right on Rainbow turn right on 12th Ave turn right on Lynhurst which takes you Right Into Guthridge City Park the location of HOG WILD DAYS.
Questions: Call 393-3668
· The Lions Club of Hiawatha would like you to participate in their family oriented parade.
· Our parade is filmed in front of Hiawatha School by Mediacom, and can be viewed on a Mediacom channel.
· The parade is about 40 minutes.
· NO need to pre-register just show up Saturday morning.
· If you have horses in the parade arrangements can be made for a police escort back to your trailers.
· Plan to attend the After Parade Party at HOG WILD DAYS right after the parade for FREE popcorn, frozen treats, face painting, tattoos, balloons, and music performed by Quarter Life Crises.