THOUGHT 1) MEETING OF THE MINDS
Have you registered for the Parrot Head event of 2016? Simply go to https://www.phip.com/motmregistration and follow the simple form.
So many great opportunities to network with phellow Parrot Heads - so much great Trop Rock music - so much shopping at the Mini-Mart - so many awards presented (speaking of that have you penned your Golden Coconut essay yet?) - so don't delay, register today!
THOUGHT 2) MIDWEST REGION AND BEYOND "CRUZ BAY GETAWAY 2017" March 9 - 16, 2017
We have Peeps from Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan and more joining in the PHUN... details at https://www.lakesareaparrotheads.com/cruz-bay-2017
We have lined up hotel NUMBER 2 - The Inn at Tamarind Court. Same deposit info and payment schedule apply.
THE INN AT TAMARIND COURT
PO Box 350
St. John, VI 00831
This hotel is located approx 3 blocks from the other.
They will offer the same payment schedule:
50% due June 1, 2016
Final payment due December 1, 2016
All three payments non-refundable.
Call 340-776-6378 to reserve space.
Room types and pricing below:
(5) Single/Economy rooms with one Twin Bed and shared bathroom for $82.50 per night (sleeps 1 person only)**This is like a little dorm building with 6 Single rooms & 2 Individual, but shared bathrooms in the middle of the building.
(4) Standard Rooms with 2 Twin Beds and private baths for $162.80 per night (sleeps up to 2)
(7) Standard Rooms with a Queen Bed or 2 Twin Beds and private baths for $162.80 per night (sleeps up to 2)
(1) Family Style Apartment with Queen in the Bedroom and living room area that converts into 2 Twin beds & small Kitchenette for $264.00 per night (sleeps up to 4).
(1) Large Suite with Queen in the Bedroom and living room area that converts into 2 Twin beds. There is outside access to both the bedroom and living room areas, Cable TV's & A/C in both rooms for $264.00 per night (sleeps up to 4).
VI Hotel tax included.
THOUGHT 3) Win A Windjammer Cruise, Help Our Scholarship
Want To Win A Windjammer Cruise And Help Some Parrot Head College Students?
Parrot Heads in Paradise have been awarding qualified parrot heads and their children a total of $10,000 in scholarships every year for the last 10 years. Fundraising has been just keeping pace with our pay-outs each year and we want to add some additional funds to ensure future years’ have adequate funding. To make sure that we can continue to award these gifts well into the future we have come up with a great way to help that cause. Windjammer cruises has donated a cruise for two to raffle off this year. Below are all the details about this great cruise. We will be selling tickets via PayPal or check right up until MOTM. We will draw for the cruise Saturday, November 5th from the stage at Meeting of the Minds for the seven night cruise on this beautiful boat. Winners do not need to be present at MOTM to win the cruise! Tickets are five for $20 or five dollars for one. I will send you via email with a list of your numbers so you have them for your records. I will be tracking the name and numbers of every ticket coming in and they will all be in Key West for the drawing. You can pay via PayPal www.paypal.com to [email protected] (click on the friends and family link) or send your check to David Cohen, 6986 Samantha Court Wheatfield, NY 14304 (checks payable to Parrot Heads in Paradise). Checks will only be accepted up until MOTM registration closes on September 15th. If you are mailing a check please send your email address if you want your numbers emailed to you. When you get to MOTM you may purchase additional tickets right up until 2:30 pm on Saturday. Thank you in advance for your support of the wonderful cause.
David Cohen, Secretary
Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc.
2012-2106 Scholarship Chair
2013-2016 Scholarship Raffle Chair
SAIL WINDJAMMER PRIZE DESCRIPTION
• THIS IS A ONE WEEK GIVEAWAY FOR TWO ON THE S/V MANDALAY. TRIP MUST BE USED ONE YEAR FROM ISSUE DATE.
• VALUED AT $3396 ($1599 PER PERSON, PLUS $99 PER PERSON PORT CHARGES)
• STANDARD CABIN ACCOMMODATIONS (UPGRADES AVAILABLE)
• ALL MEALS, 5 O’CLOCK RUM SWIZZLES AND SNACKS ARE INCLUDED
• OUR SHIP, THE S/V MANDALAY, SAILS FOR ONE WEEK, BOARDING SUNDAY AND DISEMBARKING ON SATURDAY, OUT OF OUR HOMEPORT IN GRENADA WEST INDIES, CARIBBEAN
• Flight to Grenada is not included. Gratuities, Bar, Shore Excursions, Snorkel Gear, Transfers & Onboard Purchases are not included.
• VISIT A SELECTION OF ISLANDS IN THE GRENADINES, WHICH INCLUDE OUR HOME PORT GRENADA, CARRIACOU, UNION ISLAND, MAYREAU, TOBAGO CAYS, BEQUIA, ST. VINCENT AND POSSIBLY SOME OTHER STOPS ALONG THE WAY. REMEMBER, PORTS VISITED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE...WE GO WHERE THE CAPTAIN AND THE WIND TAKE US!
• WE WILL SAIL YOU SAFE AND STEADY TO UNSPOILED BEACHES, HIDDEN INLETS AND SPARKLING WARM WATERS THAT CONVENTIONAL CRUISE SHIPS JUST CAN’T REACH. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A CARIBBEAN FEW OTHERS EVER SEE OR DREAM OF!
• PALM-FRINGED, WHITE SANDY BEACHES OFFER YOU TRANQUILITY AND RELAXATION THAT WILL HAVE YOU LIVING YOUR CARIBBEAN DREAM AND UNWINDING BY THE MINUTE
• WE PROVIDE A LAID BACK EXPERIENCE WITH MOUTH WATERING NATIVE CUISINE AND COMFORTABLE AIR-CONDITIONED CABINS. EACH CABIN IS AN ENSUITE UPON ITSELF WITH YOUR OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM
• PARTAKE IN RAISING THE SAILS, TAKE A TURN AT THE HELM OR JUST ENJOY THE WINDS OF THE CARIBBEAN SEA FILLING THE SAILS...THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
THOUGHT 4) OMAHA PHC PRE-PARTY
The Omaha PHC and the Corn Republic PHC have planned a pre-party for Jimmy's return to Nebraska on September 1st. We will be at The Session Room at 1502 Mike Fahey St Omaha NE.
We know this notice is a bit early, but Parrot Heads like to know where the party central will be. More information will follow, but for now: Look for Landshark specials, an outdoor patio with palm trees and sand. Indoors will feature the music of Too Drunk to Fish, Craft beers on tap and a signature food item known as a Pizza Cone!
No Cover! All for fun!
This is open to everyone, but we hope to see all of the 248 club ticket holders in the afternoon and early evening before the show.
PHiP 2008 & 2009
Phone 402 429 8757402 429 8757
James A Pattavina
2312 Rokeby Rd
Lincoln NE 68512-9608
THOUGHT 5) PHIP ELECTIONS OFFICER
Call for PHiP Elections Officer
With PHiP Elections on the horizon, we'll again require an Elections Officer to
administer and oversee the election process. The position is open to any member in good standing of a PHiP sanctioned chapter.
Anyone with interest in filling this position should send me a brief intro and why you would like the position to [email protected] no later than June 17th. The PHiP Board will select a suitable candidate from the available pool of applications received.
Election Guidelines and requirements for the position of Elections Officer may
be found on the PHiP website at: https://www.phip.com/club-election-guidelines
Should you have questions, please contact me.
David Cohen - Secretary
Parrot Heads In Paradise, Inc.