Tonight’s Jimmy Buffett show in Austin, Texas has been postponed due to weather:
Officials with Circuit of The Americas and Live Nation today announced today that the Jimmy Buffett “Songs From St. Somewhere” Tour, scheduled to stop in Austin at the Circuit’s Austin360 Amphitheater tonight, May 2, has been postponed by 24 hours until tomorrow, Friday, May 3, at 7 p.m. due to weather conditions currently affecting the Central Texas region.
All tickets and pre-paid parking passes for the May 2 show will be honored for the rescheduled concert tomorrow night. Additionally, “Parrotheads” who arrived early at Circuit of The Americas to camp and tail-gate prior to the show, can remain at their respective campsites for Thursday night (May 2) and Friday night (May 3) at no additional charge.
“We are honored to have Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band and Jackson Browne and his Band at our new world-class amphitheater, and we want the dedicated fans who travelled from all over the country to see this special performance to have an enjoyable evening,” Circuit President Steve Sexton said. “We regret any inconvenience this has caused our patrons, and we will work to ensure our guests camping at Circuit of The Americas are as comfortable as possible.”
Parking lots for Friday’s rescheduled show will open at 9 a.m. CDT. The Circuit’s Grand Plaza pre-party will begin at 5 p.m. For more information about the event, including lists of the items allowed or not permitted inside the amphitheater, visit www.austin360amphitheater.com.
Update – a message from Jimmy about the postponement:
“Well, rule two of the road has reared it’s ugly face after a great start to the St. Somewhere Tour in Nashville and Atlanta. That rule is “Never forget it can go to hell at any moment.” That occurred today about noon, when I was having lunch and getting ready to go to work, when I got a call from my tour manager at the gig saying we had major wind problems. Wind gusts at the venue were too strong for us put up our circus tent and all the toys that go inside. Add to that a wind chill factor of below 40 at showtime. It certainly wasn’t going to be comfortable for anybody but more importantly the safety of my crew, band and fans was an issue. So I made the decision to postpone.
This is not the first time we have had to postpone a show. There was the flood in California, the hurricane in the Gulf and now the windstorm in Texas. Rock n roll has never been predictable. I guess in forty years of doing it I have learned to roll with the punches and have wonderful fans who have been affected by things like this before. To those folks who can not stay until tomorrow night, I apologize for any inconvenience and will certainly refund your money if you can’t make it. But, to those who can stay, the big top will go up and we will turn Austin into St. Somewhere tomorrow night at 8pm. Some folks might called that island time.
In the meantime, Mac and I are going to the local station in Austin that is co-sponsoring the show and play for an hour live. It will be replayed at 8pm Central on Radio Margaritaville along with a selection of Jackson Browne’s great tunes. I am very excited to be playing with Jackson again. He is one of the great war baby songwriters of our generation and a good friend. That’s about it from Austin. I will keep you posted.
Chilly Fins Up
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.