We are less than three weeks away from a really incredible event - Island Fever Phlocking and we are hoping that you will lend a helping hand! This year's event is shaping up to potentially be the biggest event that our club has ever hosted. Here are five of the reasons we are so excited for Island Fever 2015!
- For the first time in club history, we have partnered with the Englert Theater in Iowa City to promote Island Fever to a whole new audience! They are promoting our event along with all of the other official productions at the Englert. Tickets can be purchased through their web site or at the Englert Box Office!
- Not only do we have The Blooze Brothers returning for another amazing performance, but we've also got Mike Miller, Dyke Corson & Howie Golub from The Boat Drunks performing on both Friday & Saturday nights! If you've never heard Mike, Dyke & Howie prepare to be wowed!
- We have a record number of event sponsors once again this year and we have some really cool door prizes & VIP gifts for our event attendees! Not too mention that we probably have the best assortment of live auction items in club history!
- We will be hosting our inaugural Island Fever Pub & Poker Crawl in the Iowa River Landing as part of this year's event! You will have the chance to visit 6 different establishments all within a short walk of our host hotel (the Coralville Marriott) and you will be treated to food & drink specials at the various stops along the walk!
- The Bloody Mary Morning Bar & Pre Party is back again for a second year & it's better than ever! Featuring an assortment of tasty & unique Bloody Mary mixes from all across the country it's a great way to start your Saturday morning! All the Bloodys you want are included in your pre-party ticket!
So...what do we need from our members you ask?
- We need your donations (new or gently used) to fill baskets for the silent auction, bottles of booze & lottery tickets for our Bag Raffle & anything else that you would be willing to contribute to this great event!
- We need you to volunteer along side a host of volunteers from our charities (and a group of sorority sisters from the University of Iowa) to help us staff the event.
- We need you to promote the event by sharing our posts on your individual Facebook pages & through your other social media outlets.
- We need you to help us sell event tickets. Check out a pack of 10 & encourage friends, family, neighbors & co-workers to purchase a ticket (they are tax deductible) & come out for a great party!
- Most importantly, we need you to come out & attend our event which will support three wonderful causes (the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight; Operation: Backpack & Team Breast Friends) that are very near & dear to our hearts!
We hope to see you at the monthly meeting this Thursday (September 17) night at Parlor City where we will have even more details about ways that you can get involved & help out! When all of us pull together, we will be able to pull off one amazing event! It's also time to renew those memberships (so why not do it at the monthly meeting). Plus we'll continue with Parrot Point Palooza! Here's how you can pad your Parrot Point total...
- Earn 3 Bonus Parrot Points for every bottle of booze that you bring. If you bring 3 bottles, we will award you a bonus+bonus point for a total of 10 Bonus Parrot Points. Plus...Jeff Hoffman will be selecting one specific brand of booze (i.e. Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Stoli, Pinnacle, Jose Cuervo, etc., etc.) and if you happen to donate the mystery band you will receive 5 more Bonus Parrot Points!
- Earn Bonus Parrot Points for every scratch lottery ticket that you bring! You will receive 1 Bonus Parrot Point for each & every dollar amount on the lottery ticket (i.e. a $5 Lottery Ticket = 5 Parrot Points) up to a maximum of 10 Bonus Parrot Points.
- Earn 2 Bonus Parrot Points for any items that you contribute to the silent auction chairs. You will receive 2 Bonus Parrot Points for every donated item up to a maximum of 20 Bonus Parrot Points. Remember...we put anything to good use but the following items make great basket fillers: tropical decorations (check out the clearance racks); candy, food, Iowa-ISU-UNI items; guy stuff, girl stuff, grilling accessories; garden accessories; kids stuff; pet stuff; candles; paper plates & napkins; bar supplies & glasses; scratch lottery tickets; gift certificates; etc. These items can be new or even gently used (think about closet purging and/or Goodwill).
- For anyone who donates a complete basket or basket(s) you'll receive 3 Bonus Parrot Points for each basket that you donate (up to a maximum of 15 Bonus Parrot Points).
So... you could earn up to 50 Bonus Parrot Points total! To accomplish this you would need to bring 3 bottles of booze (and match the mystery brand); $10 worth of lottery tickets; 10 silent auction items (no matter how big or small) & 5 complete auction baskets.
Get excited for Island Fever 2015 & get excited for the monthly meeting. We hope to see you there!!!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.